Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates of the Contest?
- Contest submissions – 1/28/20 through 3/6/20
- Finalists announced – 8/24/20
- Public Voting – 8/24/20 - 8/28/20
- Winner announced – 9/1/20
Who can enter?
- The promotion is open to all legal residents of the Commonwealth of MA who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of Entry.
What kind of song are you looking for?
- Participants are asked to create an original short song or jingle (both music and lyrics; maximum of thirty (30) seconds) in a video format (MP4 or MOV) about the Massachusetts State Lottery that embodies the dual state of winning that the lottery creates for players as well as cities and towns. The original short song or jingle can be performed by one (1) person or a group of up to five (5) people.
Can I enter more than once?
- Sorry, only one entry per person or group.
What can I win?
- One (1) Grand Prize: a $5,000 prize. Four (4) Runner Up Prizes: a $1,000 prize check to the first and second Runners Up and a $500 prize check to the third and fourth Runners Up. Limit of one prize per person or per group.
How will the winners be determined?
Each eligible Entry will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges comprised of representatives of the Contest Administrator or the Sponsor. The panel of judges will review the Entries based on the following criteria:
- Musicality: speaks to the nature of the actual jingle. Does it sound good? Is it catchy? (50% of total score)
- Originality: speaks to the actual composition of the piece (25% of total score)
- Duality: speaks to the actual message of the song. Does it play up the dual nature of winning that the lottery creates? That it benefits players and towns, that it creates a sense of winning in a state that is famous for winning? (25% of total score)
- Each eligible Entry will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges comprised of representatives of the Contest Administrator or the Sponsor. The panel of judges will review the Entries based on the following criteria:
Have additional questions?
- If you have additional questions, review the full Official Rules for all terms and conditions applicable to the Contest.